CHS Cheerleading Clinic and Try Out
The Clinic and tryout will be held at Gateway Elementary.
All try out skills will be taught during the clinic on Monday, July 6, 2020, 9am - 2pm with a 30 minute break at noon for
lunch (clinic participants should bring a lunch).
Clinic attendance is mandatory unless excused by Mrs. Tallbacka and Mrs. Dobran. Any concerns should be addressed
with Mrs. Dobran or Mrs. Tallbacka before July 6.
Please review the CHS Cheer Handbook . We ask that you review this carefully prior to tryouts, ask any questions you
might have, and think carefully about whether you are prepared to be a committed team member.
Required Paperwork: Due Monday, July 6, prior to participating in the clinic.
**You will not be allowed to participate without these signed forms.
The forms are available at the links below,
or packets are available at the high school office.
● Tryout Waiver and Permission Slip, signed by parent and student
● Cheer Decision Form
● Emergency Medical Authorization Form
Tryouts will be held on Tuesday, July 7, 2020 from 9am - 12pm (end time is an estimate). Tryouts are closed (no
parents, family or friends will be permitted in the school during tryouts). Students trying out are required to stay until all
judging is complete, in case a judge wants to see any skills again.
What to wear for tryouts:
● A plain white t-shirt
● Navy blue or black shorts
● Tennis shoes
● White socks
● Hair pulled away from face (bows are permitted, but no prior year team bows)
● Please wear no jewelry (small post earrings are acceptable)
Try out routines/skills:
● Dance routine
● Group cheer
● Group sideline
● Jumps (toe touch and hurdler) and Kick
● One optional skill (i.e. gymnastic stunt, 2+ jump combination)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with any questions.