We’re thrilled to announce Conneaut Area City School District’s new app! It’s everything Conneaut, in your pocket. With the new app, you can access documents, events,...
Kids, COVID-19 and the School Year: Best Practices To Support SafetyThursday, August 13, 2020 | 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.Register now!:...
Attached below is the restart and reopen plan draft published by the Conneaut Area City Schools.YouTube PresentationPart 1 - Restart & ReopenPart 2 - Restart &...
In a world with so much information, I encourage all CACS families to download the NEW CACS District App. Legitimate District and Building information will always be at your fingertips.
Kids, COVID-19 and the School Year: Best Practices To Support Safety
Thursday, August 13, 2020 | 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Go to this link to register: https://uhhospitals.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_PmGD8gquToersg9KhNiVEQ
Topics covered will include:
• Updates about COVID-19
• Healthy restart recommendations
• Plans for safely reopening schools
• What parents can expect
• Q&A discussion
Attention Spartan Families, Please fill out this registration survey (one per household) for the 2020-2021 school year. Please understand the Reset and Restart Plan is fluid and is subject to change. It is important we have this completed by Friday so we can get to you information regarding bus routes and class assignments.
I know there are many families waiting to hear about the Spartan RESTART and REOPEN plan. Please know that we will release the plan in it's entirety soon. We will also have a video to explain the plan.
For now, here is a quick synopsis of what is happening. As always, this is subject to change.
Families will have two options for learning environments when students return to school. Please note this is subject to change and will formally be approved by the Board of Education August 19th:
Option 1: Attend school in person
• Students and staff should conduct daily health checks prior to leaving home
• Ride a bus to school or be dropped off
• Social Distancing, board policies and safety protocols in place
• Face coverings worn in grades 3-12
• As of July 22, 2020, students will follow Gold “2”; they will be in school Tuesday/Wednesday or Thursday/Friday. Other 3 days will be remote.
• Week of August 31-September 4th students will be remote with individual in school appointments to meet the teacher and receive computers
• Gold “2” in school cohorts will start September 8th
Option 2: SOAR –Spartans Online Academy Remote - online learning from home
• Students enroll for a semester at a time
• Online classes with support from Conneaut teachers
• Students engage in online learning and independent assignments
• Curriculum follows the Ohio Department of Education guidelines
• A child enrolled in SOAR will be eligible to participate in extracurricular activities
• Register for SOAR by contacting Lori Riley, Superintendent at 440-593-7201
This is a link to the foundation of our SOAR program: http://www.esc-cc.org/ohioonlinelearningprogram_home.aspx